Last updated: May 25th, 2018.
Who runs this site?
Responsible party in terms of the German TDG and data controller in terms of the GDPR:
Which personal data is being collected at this website and why?
This website is a private blog that has been designed with privacy in mind. It does not take part in 3rd party analytics, user profiling, advertising and affiliate links and seeks to avoid loading external resources. Since user registration, comments and contact forms have been disabled it also does not actively ask for personal data. However there are two technical mechanisms that relate to personal data:
When you access the site, the webserver stores a series of general data obtained on a network level in a log file:
- the web browser type and version
- the operating system
- the website from which you reached the site, if any (so-called referrer information)
- the date and time of access
- the public IP address of the system accessing the site (e.g. the IP address of your DSL or cable modem)
- the result of the request (e.g. if the result was successful or access has been denied)
Here is an example of such a log entry:
www.0xf8.org 220.127.116.11 – – [24/May/2018:19:48:26 +0200] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 200 11773 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0”
IP addresses are commonly considered personal data because they could be used to deanonymize visitors. They are being collected
- for performance of contract as per GDPR Article 6, (1) b, and
- in assumption of a legitimate interest as per GDPR Article 6, (1) f
and retained for 31 days in order to be able to detect
- unauthorized access to protected areas of the website
- other malicious access patterns such as denial-of-service attacks
and automatically enact appropriate countermeasures, e.g. to automatically deny all access on a network level from a particular IP address or to report to authorities.
Websites can instruct your browser to store cookies (small character sequences) and automatically submit them with each request to the website. They are used for personalisation, i.e. to recognize a particular browser and by that means the user behind it.
This site’s blog software, WordPress, uses temporary cookies for performance of contract as per GDPR Article 6, (1) b to establish the concept of sessions allowing site administrators to stay logged in across page requests. Your Web browser has been instructed to delete the cookies as soon as you close it. You can also configure your Web browser to reject accepting cookies from this site in the first place.
What third parties does this site share collected personal data with?
This site does not knowingly share collected personal data with any third parties.
Your rights related to personal data
Pursuant to GDPR Article 13, (2) you’re hereby notified of your rights to
- request access to, rectification or erasure of personal data
- restrict or object to data processing
- data portability
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
This site contains links to websites of third parties (“external links”). As the content of these websites is not under my control, I cannot assume any liability for such external content. Operators of linked websites shall always be liable for their content and accuracy of the information provided. No illegal contents could be recognized at the time the links were put in place.