python-netsnmpagent version 0.5.1 has just been released.
This release has no substantial new features but a number of fixes of which the following three are important enough to warrant an update from 0.5.0:
- netsnmpagent: Make Table’s value() method regard string lengths
- netsnmpagent: Drop special string handling in Table’s init()/setRowCell()
- netsnmpagent: Fix Table’s value() cutting off ASN_COUNTER64 table values
Other changes include:
- Usage of MIB files is now completely optional
- threading_agent got a small fix so it works on Python 2.6, too
- __version__ got removed, use pkg_resources in your agent yourself to express version dependencies as outlined in 5715e77f’s commit message.
See the included ChangeLog for a detailed list of all changes
Ways to get the software:
- As usual, the source is available at the GitHub repo.
- The source distribution .tar.gz for this release can be downloaded from the PyPI page.
- You can either build binary RPMs for your local distribution yourself (download and make rpms) or pick them up from my Open Build service project — just click on the Repositories tab and one of the Go to download repository links.